Date/Time: Thursday, April 6 | 12:00P – 1:30P | 1.5 LU \ HSW
- Jennifer Kretschmer, AIA | Principal Architect | J.Kretshmer Architect – Moderator
- Ellen Bildsten, AIA | Principal Architect | Bildsten Architecture and Planning
- Michael McLaughlin | HCD Specialist | California Housing and Community Development
- Nick Brown, CEA | President | Build Smart Group
- Mehgie Tabar, AICP | Principal Consultant | Senate Housing Committee
- Denise Pinkston | Partner | TMG Partners
- Christopher Olvera
This panel discussion with subject matter experts coming from a number of different perspectives will discuss the current state of Accessory Dwelling Unit design and permitting in California using the following questions as a baseline:
Plus (+): What’s going well?
Delta (Δ): Where is there room for improvement?
During this session our esteemed panelists will outline if the processes, policies, and standards are working as intended; highlight conundrums, inconsistencies, and disconnects; and discuss how those might be addressed going forward. The focus of this session will be on issues that are of statewide significance rather than specific jurisdictions.
This lively, fast paced, and information program is open to all professionals working on the design and permitting of Accessory Dwelling Units in California. It is an offshoot of the AIA California Accessory Dwelling Unit Knowledge Network Program.