A Webinar for Design Professionals
February 3rd, 12 noon to 1:30 PM
AIA California, in collaboration with the California Housing and Community Development Department and the California Energy Commission, invites California design professionals to a fast paced and in-depth conversation about Accessory Dwelling Units.
This session will focus on strategies that can help sort out technical issues associated with design, permitting and construction of Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs). Our panelists from California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) will give an overview of the regulatory and legal framework that supports ADUs in California and the resources available. Case Study Examples of projects, opportunities, and challenges will also be presented along with an opportunity for questions, answers, and general discussion with our panelists.
- Tom Martin California, Housing and Community Development – Housing Codes and Standards Division
- Greg Nickless, California Housing and Community Development – Housing Policy Division
- Javier Perez, California Energy Commission – Building Standards Office
- Moderator: Michael F. Malinowski, FAIA – Consultant to AIA California; Chair of AIA CA’s ‘Plus1House.Org’ ADU resource and design professional network
Case Study Design Professionals:
- Charles Eley, FAIA Member Emeritus
- Adam S. Mayberry, AIA
- Jefferson Schierbeek, AIA
- Warren Scott, AIA
- Ted Tiffany, LEED AP BD+C